We are living in an artificial revolution where the balance of power and political influence is shifting towards those who control data and technology.
Automation is transforming our economies and making some jobs obsolete.
Companies harvest our most intimate secrets and use them to feed us tailored information and sell us products.
The metaverse is the development of a virtual world with the potential to separate us from the physical world altogether.
AI is making our lives more curated and convenient, but at the same time more complex and exposed.
Privacy and ethics have to be programmed by design to avoid digital versions of oil spills and nuclear disasters.
I recently spoke to Ivana Bartoletti to understand how humanity can tackle this newfound challenge.
Ivana is the Global Chief Privacy Officer at Wipro and an internationally recognised thought leader in the field of data privacy and AI ethics.
She is also the co-founder of the Women Leading in AI Network and the author of the brilliant book on the risks and opportunities of AI, called 'An Artificial Revolution: On Power, Politics and AI'.
In this episode of Leaders of Analytics, we discuss:
- Why everyone should give heed to the challenges of privacy, ethics and fairness in a world driven by data
- How to balance the trade-off between the benefits of AI and the risks of compromised privacy
- How large-scale automation will impact society as a whole
- Why data is inherently political
- Why woman have a special role to play in making AI fair, and much more.
Learn more about Ivana and her projects here: http://www.ivanabartoletti.co.uk/
Connect with Ivana: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivana-bartoletti-77b2b29/